Strawberry and Cream Jello Shots

What do you think Bill Cosby would say if he knew I was adulterating his precious Jello with vodka?

I love Jello shots because they’re a naughty take on a classic childhood favorite.  I giggle when they jiggle, and the buzz is just a plus.  They’re the perfect way to use up flavored vodkas, and you can mold them into a thematic shape for any occasion! (Baby showers and children’s birthdays, not advised.)

If you’ve never made them before, here’s how:

You need:

• 1 cup Whipped Cream flavored Vodka
  • 1 cup water
  • A package of strawberry Jello

Then you just follow the directions on the package.  Mix 1 cup boiling hot water with the Jello powder until it’s totally dissolved.  Then add a cup of VERY cold vodka (I store mine in the freezer beforehand).

Then give it a stir and pour into your chosen container.  I found these cute little ice cube molds at Target for $1.  A quick spritz of Pam helped them slide out smoothly after they cooled in the fridge.  Now they’re the perfect, popable, bite-size grown-up treat!

This entry was posted in Food & Recipes, Indulgences and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Strawberry and Cream Jello Shots

1. Elaine DeWitt says:

Sounds good. I have been wanting to try peach jello and peach schnapps.

2. jordan says:

I need to make this!!!

3. Kristy says:

They weren’t too bad, but with this recipe I found that all I could taste was the alcohol and not the strawberry jello. Needless to say, I was intoxicated faster, but the first couple were hard to get down.

• Tanya says:

best thing to do next time, is to make sure you add equal parts of boiling water and cold water and then just 3/4 cup alcohol not 1 cup….

4. Natasha A. says:

Found this on Pinterest. Didn’t have strawberry, so I used Lime. Hoping it tastes like a key lime pie! It took to long to set last night, so I’m definitely going to be imbibing tonight! Thanks for such an easy recipe 😀

5. Kim Fisher says:

I’m loving all the recipe’s I’ve seen! But alot of them are only showing what there made with.
    Not how to make or directions on how to put together an how to cook & how long. I’m also having a problem with pinning them so I can save them. Does anyone know another way to find this info out? Maybe another way to save? Please help me! I’m loving all but want more info & way to save everything I want..

6. Pam says:

where these firm enough when you made them? Most of the Jell-O jiggler shot recipes I’ve seen add an extra packet of unflavored gelatin. Must try 🙂

• yes! The consistency was normal. I think the key is to REPLACE the cold water with vodka, as opposed to just adding vodka to the recipe. Otherwise they probably wouldn’t solidify enough.

• Pam says:

WOW! quick response! thank you, I have all these ingredients and did not want to have to run and get the extra packet of unflavored. Good thinking! Thanks again! :o)

7. Chelsey says:

How many little cups does this make

8. Melinda says:

I can not get the flavored vodka where I live (Indonesia) but this will be great to try when I am home for the summer.

9. Stacey says:

I tried this but doubled the size, my shots have been in the fridge for 8hrs now and are still liquid. HELP!!
    I followed all the directions on the box-
    2cups boiling water
    2cups vodka (cold)
    And the jello

10. Karen Coller says:

I was thinking of making these for a girls weekend. Did you use the spray before you poured the jello in the molds? Also which spray did you use?

11. Pingback: Ultimate Tailgate Checklist |