Peppermint Brownies

I’m starting to think that brownies are like the little black dress of the epicurean world.  They’re good plain, but it’s easy to dress them up with candy or other toppings for special occasions.  When you need to bring a dish somewhere, brownies are the perfect thing because they’re easier than cookies or cake, but still have some of that homemade charm.  So, what I’m saying here, is that brownies are always a good idea.

To make these, I started with my favorite brownies from a box (Ghiradelli).  Once they were cool, I added a homemade peppermint frosting (recipe below) and chopped Andes candies.  Then I stuck them in the freezer until the frosting was firm, and cut them up to serve.  They’re irresistibly good!

Peppermint Frosting:

Combine:

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

2 1/2 tablespoons of room temp. butter

1 tbsp. milk or cream

1 tsp. peppermint extract

2 drops of green food coloring

But enough about brownies- my birthday is just around the corner!  What kind of cake should I make myself?  Please note: all suggestions lacking chocolate will be ignored 😉

This entry was posted in Food & Recipes, Indulgences and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Peppermint Brownies

Holy cow. These look AMAZING. What an awesome combo–I’m definitely going to be trying these out this weekend!

-Alyssa

2. raychiemac says:

Ghirardelli brownie mix is SO GOOD! For your birthday – there is this cake at a local restaurant here they bring out during autumn called “fall y’all” it’s a DELICIOUS chocolate pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting. I didn’t know chocolate and pumpkin would go so well together but it’s so tasty!

3. jennacwest says:

Those look so good! I will definitely need to try these, thanks for sharing. And for your birthday, I say anything with chocolate and strawberries on top. Can’t go wrong with those!

These look so good. I’m the sole person in my family who really likes any kind of mint, so I’d make these all for myself!

Life Unsweetened

5. This looks sooo good!! I love brownies and I love anything mint so this is a fab combo for me! Since I love chocolate so much, how about a chocolate fudge cake for your birthday? You can never have too much chocolate right?

xo jen

6. Alison says:

Yum! Mint and chocolate the perfect pairing!

xo
    Alison

7. These look amazing! I think I’ll surprise my husband with them soon. 🙂

8. HourglassAndBloom says:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I’m making these.

9. Amy says:

Looks SUPER delish! I’m in the process of making these. Quick question, though……Is that icing recipe for 8×8 or 9×13?