Wilson Creek

This past weekend about a dozen of my friends and I piled into a party bus and headed to wine country.

We drank and chatted and a little over an hour later, we pulled up to Wilson Creek Vineyard in Temecula.  Gorgeous, isn’t it?  Perfect spot for a wedding, in my humble, wine-loving opinion.

We bought our tasting tickets and headed through the gift shop to the tasting area in the back of the building.  There were wine barrels stacked to the sky and tasting stations scattered throughout.  I looked around and pinched myself.  Yup, still alive.

We each got five drink tickets.  I started with the almond champagne.  It was nutty and slightly sweet with all the effervescence you’d expect from a sparkling wine.  I enjoyed it a lot.  They also served bellinis and mimosas created with it.  I saved the rest of my drink tickets for reds, but Jason got one of the bellinis and I stole a sip.  It was delicious.

The tasting room spilled out into a tented area with tables and more tasting stations.  We ended up congregating there, where the boys could smoke stogies while their wives stole their drink tickets.

My favorite red was a blend called “Molly’s Medley” (Molly being the plantation’s pet pig).  I could have stayed all day. They practically had to drag me home.  Next time, I might bring a sleeping bag!  At least a bottle of almond champagne came home with us, so the fun hasn’t quite ended yet!  I hope we go back to Temecula soon.

This entry was posted in Cocktails, Food & Recipes, Indulgences, Travel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Wilson Creek

1. Kelly says:

Looks like fun! That champagne makes me wish we hadn’t missed the cava tasting/tour all those years ago…

• I know. Looking back, there are so many things I would have done differently… and so many things I wouldn’t change for the world. Like, I would have gotten a professional haircut. But the “you must pick up that broken glass because children will play in that round-a-bout tomorrow” story- priceless!

2. ashley says:

What a fun day! I’ve always wanted to go wine tasting in Temecula!!

xo Ashley

3. Almond champagne?! That sounds delicious! John and I have been talking about visiting a vineyard soon, I’ve never been to one and the idea of sitting around all day learning about and drinking wine sounds like a perfect day to me. Looks like you had a blast, you two make such a cute couple! 🙂

4. jennacwest says:

This past summer I went to Napa and Sonoma Valley and had the time of my life! I went up there not knowing much about wine and now I just love it! I would highly suggest taking a trip up there if you ever get a chance! I have to check out the wineries in Temecula

I’ve never been to a wine tasting/vineyard/anything of that nature but have always wanted to. This summer I want to plan one with my girl friends!

I love wine tasting! It’s the perfect “girls weekend” activity, but it looks like you had so much fun with your guy, too! You guys make a great couple 🙂

-Alyssa

7. HourglassAndBloom says:

Looks like you had SO much fun! I love Temecula ever so much……

xo
    Nicole

8. olga says:

amazing pictures! looks so beautiful

want to follow each other? 🙂

9. What a beautiful winery! I love touring vineyards and trying out some new wine! It looks like you had lots of fun!

xo jen

10. I love the place! here in Spain we have many beautiful and traditional wineries as well, it’s such a great activity! lovely blog!

11. and says:

Hello! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using
    the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!