The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate
3. Choose nominations and link them to your post
4. Go to their page and tell them.
Here are 11 things about me:
1. I was born in upstate New York.
2. I’m embarrassingly un-musical.
3. My favorite sport is skiing.
4. I prefer gold over silver.
5. My fiancé is my 20th roommate (not counting family). I’ve, uh, moved around a lot…
6. I’ve always dreamed of living in a loft apartment with tall ceilings, big windows, and interior exposed brick. Hopefully I’ll be moving into a place like that soon!
7. I don’t really like to shop. Weird, I know. I wish my closet would auto-populate.
8. Red wine is my soul mate.
9. I studied in Barcelona for a semester in 2006.
10. I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood!)
11. I’m kinda obsessed with Christmas. Like, obsessed.
Now, Jen’s 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite item in your closet? Tough call, but probably this Tory Burch purse.
2. What’s your dream job? I’ve always dreamed of traveling the world and writing novels.
3. Who’s your style icon? Lauren Conrad always looks fabulous.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I’ve been lucky enough to visit most of the places that were on top of my list, but I’m still dying to do an African safari.
5. If you had to wear one designer for the rest of your life who would it be? Michael Kors.
6. What’s your biggest accomplishment? Losing about 60 pounds- and keeping (most of it) off.
7. If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would you be and why? Jessica Biel. For the rockin’ bod and to be Mrs. Bringing Sexy Back.
8. What’s one item you absolutely can’t live without? My iPhone.
9. What are some of your blogging goals? To grow my readership and cultivate meaningful relationships with people I wouldn’t otherwise meet. Already, I feel like my blogging friends have influenced and improved my sense of style and beauty routine.
10. If you could go back in time and relive one moment from your life what would it be? Probably when J proposed. I felt like I’d been waiting my whole life for that moment.
11. If you could move anywhere, where would you move? I really love San Diego. We picked it because we both dreamed of living here. But I’d love to live in a big European city for a while, like London, Florence, or Madrid.
And Steph’s Questions for the nominees:
- What quote or phrase do you live by? “She decided to start living the life she imagined.” I found it on Pinterest, and it changed my perspective on life!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? The UK.
- If you could meet one fictional TV character who would it be and why? Carrie Bradshaw, because she’s so real to me, I feel like I already know her!
- You can raid the closet of any celebrity (fictional or real) – who would you choose? Lauren Conrad (I get to shrink my hips, too, right?)
- Team Edward, Team Jacob, or Team Christian Grey? (I had to) Umm… Team Nick Carraway?
- What’s your cocktail of choice for girls night out? I usually try to keep it low-cal with dirty martinis or vodka sodas- but always Ketel or Belvedere!
- You’re on a deserted island and can only bring 3 things with you – what are they? iPhone, inflatable mattress, and my camera.
- Name one trend you love but are too scared to try. So far, neon.
- If you could go back and offer a younger version of yourself advice, what would it be? Don’t let your boyfriends define you so much. You’re pretty awesome on your own.
- What’s your favorite aspect of blogging? The networking and friendships, for sure!
I’m going to nominate:
Krystle from Pictures and Plane Tickets
Marisa from Uproot from Oregon
Here are the questions for them:
1. What’s your go-to recipe?
2. What’s your favorite cocktail?
3. What’s your dream vacation?
4. If you could have dinner with any 3 people (alive or dead) who would you choose?
5. What life goals are you working on achieving?
6. If you were a millionaire for a day, what 3 things would you immediately buy?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. What’s a skill you wish you had?
9. What’s your biggest accomplishment?
10. What are you afraid of?
11. Who was your childhood hero?
Can’t wait to learn more about these lovely ladies! Both have awesome up-and-coming blogs that I love to read. Go check them out, you’ll love them too!