Homemade Hummus

I love hummus, and I’d heard that it was incredibly easy to make so I thought I’d give it a try.  Here’s the recipe I used, which I adapted slightly based on the results.

It literally couldn’t have been any easier.  All you have to do is dump everything in a food processor and hit “on.”  The hardest part was finding tahini in my grocery store (it was with the Jewish foods- go figure!)

Mine came out a little soupier than I would have liked, which is why I suggest omitting the chickpea juices.  I think it was perfect before that.  It’s good, and definitely tastes different than store-bought, but I think this is one of those things I’m going to continue to buy pre-made.  Maybe it’s just because that’s what I’m used to, but I like it better.  At least now I can say I tried “the real thing”!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Homemade Hummus

How did you know I’ve been wanting to try my hand at hummus making?! This looks like it couldn’t be easier, but I know what you mean about sometimes liking the store-bought version better. At least you tried!

Alyssa

2. this looks so good and omgoodness, how hot are you?? I didn’t know which post to comment on , I love hummus and I am also loving all of your food posts, because have a fashion/food blog as well. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog~~ I’m so sorry that i havent been able to respond and check out your blog until now- but am so glad I took the moment to because i LOVE IT! I’m your newest follower of course!

3. Well this is my sort of recipe, chuck all the ingredients into the blender and done! I wasn’t ever a huge fan of hummus but I’ve had it a few times in the past couple of months and I think it’s growing on me 🙂 I’ll definitely be giving this a try! Have a fab weekend Rachel!

xo jen

• Haha, yeah, it may be an acquired taste. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, but you might want to check out other recipes because this one was only OK. Good luck, hope you report back on how it goes!

4. The easier the recipe, the better! Yum I love hummus too, definitely will have to give this one a try!

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

5. Julie says:

Hummus is my absolute FAVORITE!! I once tried to make it and failed, so I plan on trying this recipe. YUM!! xo, Julie

I LOVE hummus! I have tried to make it without tahini before but it just doesn’t work. One of these days, I will break down and buy some to make my own hummus.

7. Jenee C. says:

You completely read my mind with this post! I’ve been wanting to make hummus for a while now, who knew it was literally this easy! My goodness, why have I waited this long. Hope you’re having a great weekend.

xx Jenee C.
    {camo meets couture}

8. Ashley says:

Only you could make me hungry for homemade hummus at ten am! This is a great recipe, thanks for sharing and I’m going to try it this weekend!

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

9. MC says:

Makes me want to try it

10. xo Michelle says:

I have ALWAYS wondered how to make hummus! Thanks for sharing this recipe lady!

xo Michelle

Fierce & Fashionable

11. arayofsun says:

I tried making a hummus recipe from Martha Stewart a couple of summers ago. It turned out kind of weird because we didn’t have a food processor at the time so I had to use our blender. It wasn’t exactly smooth! But I totally feel you on the store bought hummus – it’s just better!
    xoxxo
    Megan

12. This is a perfect recipe for me because I literally eat hummus everyday. I love to eat with my veggies or throw it into my veggie wrap. Thank you for sharing one of my favorite foods!
    XO,